GEAG presents “Wonder,” an exhibition featuring original artworks that examine the word wonder. Wonder a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable. Works submitted should consider, address, celebrate, or explore the meaning of wonder.
We invite all explorations & interpretations of this theme and encourage all media, all themes & subject’s styles and techniques. Works should be exactly 12”x12” and able to hang on a wall.
**UPDATE** We realize this time of year is so busy, so we’re making it a little easier to enter. You can enter up to 3 pieces total with an added category. Wonder pieces must be square from 10×10 to 13×13. For the secondary category, we have no specific theme, and pieces must be no larger than 11×14. We’ll have two awards of excellence for the Wonder theme, and 1-2 awards for entries outside of that theme. Cost for the first piece is $10, you can enter 2 or 3 pieces for an additional $10. If you’ve already entered, you may add the additional pieces for $10. The deadlines remain the same
- Eligible works must be the original work of the exhibiting artist, completed within the last three years. Work must not infringe on copyrights or works of another, nor be completed under instruction.
- To better understand the creative process of works submitted, all artists are to provide a four-word description of the artistic process for each piece entered. An oil painting may be described as “oil on canvas”. A photographic entry should be described as a “35mm color print” or “digital photo w/color enhancement.”
- No early drop off or retrieval, see Rules and Regulations at GEAG.net. Art sales will be conducted by the Pour @ 322 Coffeehouse. There is a 10% commission. Work sold may be removed at the time of sale by the purchaser.
- Art work will be received at Pour @ 322 Coffeehouse, 322 East Main St, Belleville, IL Nov 30, 2023 from 3:00 – 5:00. Contact us if you are in need of alternative arrangements.
- All work must be framed as appropriate to the medium. Hanging work must have wire properly attached; saw tooth hangers or clips are not permitted. Art work must be labeled with artist name and title of work. Gallery wrap canvas must have painted edges to hang with no frame. Framing details can be found HERE.
- Work may not exceed 12 inches in any dimension including the frame. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 12 inches in any dimension, be able to hang on a wall, nor weigh more than 10 pounds. Work must not be smaller than 12 inches by 12 inches.
- Entered work must be for sale.
- GEAG reserves the right to reject deficiently prepared work and work that is considered unsuitable for display. No nudes will be accepted for this show.
- GEAG will safeguard artwork with due diligence but do not take responsibility for damage beyond its control.
- There is a 10% commission on art work sold.
- Signed release forms must be included with application.
- There is a $10 entry fee.
- Four Awards of Excellence will be awarded. Winners will be announced at the December 6th Christmas party.
- Each artist may submit one piece of art for the exhibit. Entries are accepted in order they are received until exhibit space reaches capacity of 40 pieces.
- Submit applications on GEAG.net by 12:00 pm, November 27, 2023. Entries are accepted in the order they are received until exhibit space reaches capacity. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Submit digital image in .jpg format no larger 5mb.
- Submissions of and entry implies consent to all terms.
- Artists may retrieve their work Friday, January 5, 2024 between 3:00 -5:00. Unclaimed work becomes the property of GEAG.
- November 27, 2023 – Entry deadline
- November 30, 2023 – Drop off art – 3:00 – 5:00
- December 1, 2023 – January 5, 2024 – Exhibit open during Pour@322 Coffeehouse normal hours of operation
- January 5, 2024 – Pickup art – 3:00 – 5:00