Show dates: October 12 – November 17, 2023
Schmidt Art Center, SWIC Campus, Belleville, IL
Entry fees: $20.00 for single piece or $50.00 for three pieces. Maximum number of entries is three.
***entries open soon. Check back here for link***
- This is a members only show. Annual membership is $35. Join HERE
- Eligible works must be the original work of the exhibiting artist, completed within the last three years. Work must not infringe on copyrights or works of another, nor be completed under instruction.
- To better understand the creative process of works submitted, all artists are to provide a four-word description of the artistic process for each piece entered. An oil painting may be described as “oil on canvas”. A photographic entry should be described as a “35mm color print” or “digital photo w/ color enhancement.”
- No early drop off or retrieval. See Rules and Regulations at GEAG.net. Work sold may be removed at the time of sale by the purchaser.
- Artwork will be received at the Schmidt Art Center Sept. 21, 22, 25, 2023 between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- All work must be framed as appropriate to the medium. Hanging work must have wire properly attached; saw tooth hangers or clips are not permitted. Dust covers required when appropriate. Artwork must be labeled with artist’s name and title of work. Gallery wrapped canvas must be 1.5” to hang with no frame. Visit geag.net/framing-tips for more framing details.
- Two-dimensional work may not exceed 32 inches in any dimension including the frame. Three-dimensional work may not exceed 36 inches in any dimension nor weigh more than 30 pounds. Three-dimensional artists will need to provide their own pedestals.
- GEAG reserves the right to reject deficiently prepared work and work that is considered unsuitable for display. No nudes will be accepted for this show.
- GEAG will safeguard artwork with due diligence but do not take responsibility for damage beyond its control.
- There is a 20% commission on artwork sold.
- Signed release forms must be included with application.
- An artist can only receive one award with the exception of the People’s Choice.
- Each artist may submit up to three pieces of art for the exhibit.
- Submit applications on GEAG.net by 12:00 pm, September 11, 2023. Entries are accepted in the order they are received until exhibit space reaches capacity. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Submit digital images in .jpg format, not more than 5MB, 1920 maximum pixels on longest side, and 72 – 300 ppi.
- Work will be judged in one of three categories, Two-dimensional, Three-dimensional, and Transparent Watercolor. Decisions of the judge are final.
- Artists may retrieve their work November 18, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Unclaimed work becomes the property of GEAG.
- Submission of an entry implies consent to all terms.
- September 11, 2023 – Entry deadline
- September 21, 22, 25, 2023 – Drop off art – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- September 12, 2023 – Show Opening – 4:00 – 7:00 pm
- November 17, 2022 – Pickup art – 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Best of Show
Kerchner Memorial for Transparent Watercolor
Dave Cornell Award for Composition
First Place Two-Dimensional
First Place Three Dimensional
Two Awards of excellence Two-Dimensional
Two Awards of excellence Three-Dimensional