GEAG Art Exhibit at the Edwardsville Art Center
6165 Center Grove Road
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Call for artists! GEAG invites submissions for the GEAG EAC Exhibition. The exhibition is open to 2D and 3D GEAG artists. 100 pieces of art will be exhibited. Only the first 100 pieces entered will be accepted.
Dates and Deadlines
- Deadline for Entries: December 22, 2017
- Exhibition Dates: January 5, 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Opening Reception: January 6, 2018 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Delivery of Art: January 3, 2018 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, January 4, 2018 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Pick Up of Art: February 2, 2018 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Entry fee of $5.00 for each piece of art entered
- A maximum of 3 pieces of art may be entered
- Payment is required at the time of entry
Awards and Prizes
- Cash awards will be given.
- Open to GEAG members only
- Work must be the original creation of the artist and completed within the past 3 years
- Work completed under the direction of an instructor or in a class/workshop is ineligible.
- Work previously entered in a GEAG professionally judged exhibition is ineligible.
- 3D work that is extremely fragile, very small, that has a very small bottom/base, is unstable, or does not sit flat on a pedestal is ineligible.
- 2D work must be properly framed with braided picture wire for hanging (no saw tooth hangers)
- Work on canvas may be framed, strip-framed or gallery-wrapped
- 2D work may not exceed 32” including frame
- 2D work may not exceed 40 lbs
- 3D work may sit on a pedestal or be wall-hung (not exceed 40 lbs)
- A limited number of standard size pedestals are available for display of 3D work
- If your 3D work is odd-sized, excessively heavy, or requires a very specific size pedestal, plan on providing that pedestal yourself
Please complete the form and return to GEAG. You may bring the completed form, along with the fee, to a GEAG Meeting, or mail the form to Karen Miller, Treasurer c/o GEAG EAC Exhibition Entry, PO Box 4590, Fairview Heights, IL 62208. Make checks payable to GEAG.